COVID-19 Updates & City Response
The Recreation & Senior Services Department is continuing to provide programs and activities under current State and County safety guidelines. Please see the following updates as of March 23, 2021.
- SPRING Outdoor programs and classes are open.
- Indoor classes are opening in a phased approach. The website will be updated daily with activities as they reopen indoors.
- Park space and picnic shelter reservations will resume on April 3 with limitations.
- Active Kids and Marina Park Preschool are open.
- Outdoor Youth Sports are permitted under the current modifications.
- Parks, trails and sport courts are open.
- Lap Swim at MBAC is now open 7 days per week.
- Community Centers remain closed to the public, and open to registered class/program participants only.
- OASIS fitness center will open on March 29
- OASIS personal training, and outdoor classes are open.
- OASIS services, such as Meals on Wheels, Transportation, Social Services, etc. will remain active. For staff assistance, please call OASIS at 949-644-3244, Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
City staff are available during regular business hours. Please call 949-644-3151 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. For questions regarding OASIS Senior Center, please call 949-644-3244.
Welcome to Marina Park
Marina Park is an exciting and cutting-edge community and sailing center.
From its sleek architecture and ample play space to its broad recreational and facility offerings on both land and sea, the park is an extraordinary center for fun, family, and community for users of all ages.
The City officially opened the park on December 5, 2015.
Marina Park is located at 1600 W. Balboa Boulevard on the Balboa Peninsula.
Marina Park Amenities
- 10.5-acre park
- Facility reservations
- Nautical-themed playground
- Outdoor fitness circuit and basketball courts
- On-site café-Lighthouse Bayside Café, catering, and picnic area
- 177 parking spaces
Parking at Marina Park
Download the ParkMobile app to pay for parking while visiting the facility or park. Or you can use cash or a credit card at one of the pay stations located in the parking lot.
SUP/Kayak Rentals/Sailing Lessons
Make sure to check out all the great water sports available to you by clicking on Marina Park Sailing, Kayaking & More.
Marina Park Information
- Located at 1600 W. Balboa Boulevard, Newport Beach, CA 92663
- Community Center (recreation programs and facility rentals):
- 949-270-8150 | email@example.com
- Sailing Center
- Guest-slip reservations:
- 949-270-8159 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Parking: Visitors can use the pay stations located in the parking lots or pay online using the ParkMobile app.