GENERAL REFUND & TRANSFER POLICY
A $10 fee will be charged for all refunds under $74 and $20 for all classes $75 and above. Refunds are only considered if requested before the 2nd class meeting. One-day workshops require a request 6 or more business days prior to the class date to be issued a refund. A full refund will be issued when classes are cancelled by the instructor or by Recreation Services.
If requesting a refund and initial payment was made by check, either a front and back copy of that check or a bank statement showing the cleared check must be faxed (949-644-3155) or mailed to the Recreation & Senior Services Department before a refund can be processed. Refunds are processed upon receipt of the front and back cancelled check/bank statement copy less the administration fee and sent to you within 3-4 weeks. Please call 949-644-3151 for any questions.
FOR CONTRACTED SUMMER CAMPS:
- $10 refund fee for camps $74 and under before camp begins.
- $20 refund fee for camps $75 and above before camp begins.
- Once a camp has begun, a refund fee equivalent to one day of camp will be charged. No refunds once the 2nd day of camp has begun.
FOR CAMP NEWPORT EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTS:
- Transfers between different weeks of the same camp will honor the Early Bird Discount after the deadline has passed. (Must be the same camp led by the same Contract Instructor)
- Any other transfers requested after the Early Bird Discount deadline will not reflect a discount.
- No refunds.
- Registration fees are not prorated.
- Late registrations are not eligible for refunds if requested after the second scheduled class date (not second day attended).
Exceptions for City operated Summer Day Camps
FOR CITY OPERATED SUMMER DAY CAMPS @ CYC/MARINA PARK/NEWPORT EL:
- No transfers will be allowed with 6 days or less.
- $25 per camp administration fee will apply with 7 days or more notice. (Monday and before before the class date).
- $50 per camp administration fee will apply with 6 days or less notice. (Tuesday and later before the week before class date).
- NO REFUNDS will be given once City operated camps have begun
Special Accommodations:If you need special accommodations for any activity please notify the Recreation & Senior Services Department at the time of registration, 949-644-3151.