Agendas and Minutes
Boards, Commissions and Committees
The City Council and most of the City's Boards, Commissions and Committees are subject to the Ralph M. Brown Act (Brown Act) - the law which guarantees the public's right to attend and participate in meetings.
Agendas, minutes, staff reports and information relative to the City's Boards, Commissions and Committees (BCC), are managed by various departments. To locate information about a City BCC, please view our complete BCC listing to contact the appropriate staff member.
Highlights of the Brown Act (video)
Access complete City Council meeting documents, resolutions and ordinances using the City's specialized application, Laserfiche. Please note, users may want to access the help feature built into this application for assistance to make use of its search and viewing capabilities.
- Council Meeting Packets, Approved Minutes and Video, if available
- Council Resolutions
- Council Ordinances
- Contracts and Agreements
- Contracts and Agreements Approved within the Past 30 Days
Agenda Management SoftwareCity staff uses an agenda management software and implements an electronic process for posting all City meeting agendas and public notices.
Here are some quick tips for users:
- All items are listed in order of meeting date, including agendas for the City Council, all boards, commissions and committees, and public notices.
- To view specific meeting bodies, choose the appropriate legislative body in the dropdown menu next to the "Search" line.
- Choose "Agenda" to open the agenda which includes links to the available staff reports and attachments.
- Choose "Meeting Details" if you would like to see individual items or to view the City Council packet in it's entirety under Attachments at the top of the page.
- "Meeting Location" provides users with the address for the meeting.
If you have any suggestions, ideas or complaints, please email the City Clerk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Review of Title 17 Harbor Code: Marine Activities Permits
- Date: 10/21/2019 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- Location: Friends Meeting Room
1000 Avocado Avenue
Newport Beach, California 92660
The Harbor Commission Ad-Hoc Committee seeks public input on revisions to the City's Municipal Code, Title 17 Harbor Code. The Committee is holding a series of meetings to thoroughly review Title 17. During the October 21 and October 30 meetings, section 17.10 Marine Activities Permits will be reviewed.
Please note, the meetings will be held at different locations:
- Monday, October 21 at the Central Library's Friends Meeting Room (1000 Avocado Avenue) at 6 p.m.
- Wednesday, October 30 at the Marina Park Community and Sailing Center (1600 W. Balboa Blvd.) at 6 p.m.
A working draft of potential revisions to these sections of Title 17 will be available for viewing in red-line format in advance of the meetings. Please note: These are preliminary revisions and do not represent recommendations of the Harbor Commission. Your feedback, comments, and suggestions are invited and encouraged.