Special Event Permits & Applications

Share & Bookmark, Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Special Event Permits

Planning to host a special event in Newport Beach? If your event or activity is one of the following, it will likely require issuance of a Special Event Permit:

  • Outdoor concert and entertainment, public or semi-public dance, recreation or sporting events.
  • Circuses, carnivals, fairs and festivals.
  • Farmer’s Markets and swap meets.
  • Walks, runs, athletic, bicycle and vehicle races and rides.
  • Organized and/or sponsored vehicle and boat shows.
  • Sales event outside the normal sales area of a business, such as a sidewalk and parking lot sale and other special promotions.
  • Auto dealer sales events involving promotional attractions such as barbecues, tents, canopies, special signage and similar facilities.
  • Fireworks display
  • Street fair or craft show on a residential or commercial right-of-way which is likely to obstruct, delay or interfere with normal flow of pedestrian or vehicular traffic.
  • Car washes whereby the public is encouraged to attend.
  • Outdoor amplified sound.
  • Other events as described by Newport Beach Municipal Code 11.03.
  • Harbor activities and events.

You can apply for a Special Event Permit by using our online CiViC Portal. If you have any questions, you can call the Recreation Department at 949-644-3151.

Weddings at the Beach or a Public Park

Are you thinking about getting married at the beach or a public park? A special event permit is not required, but there are restrictions. Find out what you need to know before planning your event.


Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Download Acrobat Reader Windows Media Player Download Windows Media Player Word Viewer Download Word Viewer Excel Viewer Download Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer Download PowerPoint Viewer