Boards, Commissions and Committees Current Agenda Packets
The City Council and most of the City's Boards, Commissions and Committees are subject to the Ralph M. Brown Act (Brown Act) - the law which guarantees the public's right to attend and participate in meetings.
Agendas, minutes, staff reports and information relative to the City's Boards, Commissions and Committees (BCC), are managed by various departments. To locate information about a City BCC, please view our complete BCC listing to contact the appropriate staff member.
Executive Order N-29-20, which allows for the public to participate in any meeting of the City Council telephonically or by other electronic means. Given the health risks associated with COVID-19, the City of Newport Beach has decided to not have City Council Chambers open to the public for this meeting. As a member of the public, if you would like to participate in this meeting, you can participate via the following options:
1. You can submit your questions and comments in writing for City Council consideration by sending them to the City Clerk at firstname.lastname@example.org. To give the City Council adequate time to review your questions and comments, please submit your written comments by Wednesday, July 1, 2020, at 1:00 p.m.
2. In addition, members of the public can participate in this meeting telephonically. Specifically, the meeting will be viewable on NBTV and live streamed on the City’s website. If you are watching the meeting on NBTV or via the live stream, during the meeting, phone numbers for the public to call and to comment on specific agenda items will be posted on the screen. When you call, you will be placed on hold until it is your turn to speak. Please note that only twenty (20) people can remain on hold at a time. If you call in to speak on an item and the line is busy, please call back after a few moments. The City will ensure that it allows enough time per item for everyone to call in to comment.
Please know that it is important for the City to allow public participation at this meeting. If you are unable to participate in the meeting via the process set forth above, please contact the City Clerk at (949-644-3005 or email@example.com) and she will attempt to accommodate you. While the City does not expect there to be any changes to the above process for participating in this meeting, if there is a change, the City will post the information as soon as possible to the City’s website.
The City of Newport Beach thanks you in advance for continuing to take precautions to prevent the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
Highlights of the Brown Act (video)
Access complete City Council meeting documents, resolutions and ordinances using the City's specialized application, Laserfiche. Please note, users may want to access the help feature built into this application for assistance to make use of its search and viewing capabilities.
- Council Meeting Packets, Approved Minutes and Video, if available
- Council Resolutions
- Council Ordinances
- Contracts and Agreements
- Contracts and Agreements Approved within the Past 30 Days
Agenda Management SoftwareCity staff uses an agenda management software and implements an electronic process for posting all City meeting agendas and public notices.
Here are some quick tips for users:
- All items are listed in order of meeting date, including agendas for the City Council, all boards, commissions and committees, and public notices.
- To view specific meeting bodies, choose the appropriate legislative body in the dropdown menu next to the "Search" line.
- Choose "Agenda" to open the agenda which includes links to the available staff reports and attachments.
- Choose "Meeting Details" if you would like to see individual items or to view the City Council packet in it's entirety under Attachments at the top of the page.
- "Meeting Location" provides users with the address for the meeting.
If you have any suggestions, ideas or complaints, please email the City Clerk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Newport Beach Restaurant Association BID Board Meeting - Canceled
- Date: 11/27/2019 9:30 am - 11:00 am
- Location: Newport Beach & Company Offices
1600 Newport Center Drive, Ste. 120
Newport Beach, California 92660
The regularly scheduled Newport Beach Restaurant Association (NBRA) Business Improvement District (BID) board meeting for Wednesday, November 27, 2019 has been canceled. A special meeting will be held on Wednesday, November 20, 2019 at 9:30 a.m. at the Newport Beach & Company Offices.